COUNTY NAMED FOR: Barnard E. Bee, Sr., attorney, soldier, and statesman.
Two - Both named Beeville. When Bee County was organized in 1858, the county seat was founded at a site on the east bank of Medio Creek seven miles east of the current site of the community. This first county seat was known as Beeville-on-the-Medio. This location proved inconvenient, and in 1859 land was donated land for a townsite at the current location of Beeville. The first name for the new community was Maryville but eight months later the county commissioners changed the name to Beeville, and for some time the court's minutes referred to Beeville-on-the-Medio and Beeville-on-the-Poesta.
COUNTY SEAT NAMED FOR: Same as the county.
COURTHOUSES: Three - 1861, 1879, 1912.
STANDING: One -1912 Beaux-Arts brick courthouse.
RENOVATION: Complete -
Rededication May 20, 2006
105 W. Corpus Christi, Beeville,