Baylor County Courthouse
Seymour, Texas
 
 
     
 
 
 Completed - 1968
Architect - Pierce, Norris, & Pace
Photos: Robert Deering 7/18/2001
 

COUNTY ORGANIZED: 1879

COUNTY NAMED FOR: Henry W. Baylor, a surgon in a regiment of Texas Rangers during the Mexican War.

COUNTY SEATS: One - Seymour, Texas

COUNTY SEAT NAMED FOR:  Seymour Munday, a local cowboy.

COURTHOUSES: Two -1884 and 1968.

STANDING: One -1968 Modern courthouse built on the site of the 1884 structure.

LOCATION:  110 S. Washington, Seymour, TX

 
 

1884 Courthouse
 
 
1884 Courthouse
Photo: Texas DoT 1939

       

Photo: Robert Deering 8/24/2016