Armstrong County Courthouse
Claude, Texas
 
 
     
 
 
 Completed - 1912
Architect - Elmer George Withers
Photos: Robert Deering 4/14/2003
 

COUNTY ORGANIZED: 1890

COUNTY NAMED FOR: One of several pioneer Texas families named Armstrong, though the sources are unclear about which one.

COUNTY SEATS: One - Claude

COUNTY SEAT NAMED FOR: Claude Ayres, the engineer who brought the first train through the area.

COURTHOUSES: Two - 189? and 1912

STANDING: One - 1912 courthouse in Texas Renaissance style built of brick and stone.

LOCATION:  100 Trice Street, Claude, Texas  79019

 

 

1912 Courthouse
Photo: Texas DoT 1939