COUNTY NAMED FOR: The name Aransas came from the Rio Nuestra Senora de Aranzazu, which has its origin in an estate in Spain.
COUNTY SEATS: One -
COUNTY SEAT NAMED FOR: Rockport's name is geographically descriptive and refers to a ledge of rock near the Gulf of Mexico.
COURTHOUSES: Two -
1889 and 1956.
STANDING: One - 1956 courthouse in Modern "motel" style, built of brick and steel. An addition was completed in 1983.
301 N Live Oak St, Rockport, TX