Andrews County Courthouse
Andrews, Texas
 
 
     
 
 
 Completed - 1939
Architect - W. T. Strange
Photos: Robert Deering 6/12/2004
 

COUNTY ORGANIZED: 1910

COUNTY NAMED FOR: Richard Andrews, a hero of the Texas Revolution who was killed at the battle of Concepción in 1835.

COUNTY SEATS: One - Andrews

COUNTY SEAT NAMED FOR: Same as county

COURTHOUSES: Two - 1911 and 1939

STANDING: One - 1939 Moderne courthouse built of brick.

LOCATION:  215 NW 1st Street, Andrews, TX 79714

 

 

1939 Courthouse
Photo: Texas DoT 1940