Sequoyah County Courthouse
Sallisaw, Oklahoma
 
 
     
 
 
 Completed - 1913
Architect -
Photos: Robert Deering 4/23/2006
 
 
 
1913 Courthouse
Before Modifications
 
 
 

COUNTY ORGANIZED:  1907 from the Cherokee Nation.

COUNTY NAMED FOR: 
George Guess, or Sequoyah, inventor of the Cherokee alphabet.

COUNTY SEAT NAMED FOR: Sallisaw Creek. The word is from the French salaison, meaning "salt meat" or "salt provsions."

COURTHOUSES:

STANDING:
 1913 Courthouse that was extensively remodeled in 1961 by architects Joe Davis & Willard Stone. 

ADDRESS:  120 E Chickasw, Sallisaw, Oklahoma

 

Sallisaw, Oklahoma
Photos: Robert Deering 4/23/2006


First Baptist Church of Sallisaw