Seminole County Courthouse
Wewoka, Oklahoma
 
 
     
 
 
 Completed - 1925
Architect - Monnot & Reed
Photos: Robert Deering 4/16/2003
 
 
 
1907 Courthouse
Former Seminole Nation Capitol
 
 
1925 Courthouse
 

COUNTY ORGANIZED: 1907 from the Seminole Nation.

COUNTY NAMED FOR: 
The Seminole Indians.

COUNTY SEAT NAMED FOR: A place in Elmore County, Alabama. The word means "roaring waters."

COURTHOUSES: The Seminole Nation Capitol building built in the late 1860's was used as the county courthouse following statehood in 1907.  A new courthouse was built in 1925.

STANDING: 
1925 courthouse with a 1975 addition. 
 

ADDRESS:  120 S Wewoka, Wewoka, Oklahoma

 

Wewoka, Oklahoma
Photos: Robert Deering 4/16/2003


U. S. Post Office in Wewoka