Rogers County Courthouse
Claremore, Oklahoma
 
 
     
 
 
 Completed - 1937
Architect -
Photos: Robert Deering 4/22/2006
 
 
 
1937 Courthouse
Before Modifications
 
 
 

COUNTY ORGANIZED: The county was originally created in 1906 and named Cooweescoowee. However, the residents protested and the name was changed to Rogers County, after Clem Vann Rogers.

COUNTY NAMED FOR: 
Clement Vann Rogers, elder member of the Oklahoma Constitutional Convention and father of famed Will Rogers.

COUNTY SEAT NAMED FOR:  In 1802, a band of Osage Indians settled on a 25 acre mound along the Verdigris River. The mound became known as Clermont, French for "clear mountain." Glahmo, the Osage chief, became known as Chief Clermont, and Claremore was named in his honor.

COURTHOUSES: One - 1937

STANDING:
 One - 1937 buiklding that has been expanded and altered during a 1980's remodeling project. 

UPDATE: Groundbraking for a new courthouse was held on May 4, 2011.  The new building should be complete or near completion. 

ADDRESS:  200 S Lynn Riggs Blvd, Claremore, Oklahoma

 

Claremore, Oklahoma
Photos: Robert Deering 4/22/2006


First Baptist Church of Claremore