Pushmataha County Courthouse
Antlers, Oklahoma
 
 
     
 
 
 Completed - 1934
Architect - Forrest Butler
Photos: Robert Deering 4/24/2006
 
 
 
1910 Courthouse
 
 
1934 Courthouse
 

COUNTY ORGANIZED: 1907 from Indian Territory.

COUNTY NAMED FOR: 
Choctaw Chief Pushmataha, a friend of Andrew Jackson, who fought with the United States in the War of 1812.

COUNTY SEAT NAMED FOR: Probably from the antler of a deer nailed up at a nearby spring indicating a camping place.

COURTHOUSES: 1910 & 1934

STANDING:
 1934 Art Deco building

ADDRESS:  203 SW 3rd Street, Antlers, Oklahoma

 

Antlers, Oklahoma
Photos: Robert Deering 4/24/2006


First Baptist Church of Antlers