Murray County Courthouse
Sulphur, Oklahoma
 
 
     
 
 Completed - 1923
Architect - Jewell Hicks
Photos: Robert Deering 6/17/2013
 
 
 
1912 Courthouse
 
 
1923 Courthouse
 

COUNTY ORGANIZED: 1907

COUNTY NAMED FOR: 
William H. Murray, president of the Oklahoma Constitutional convention and later governor.

COUNTY SEAT NAMED FOR: Sulpher Springs, a well-known local natural feature.

COURTHOUSES: 1912 and 1923

STANDING:
 1923 Courthouse

ADDRESS: 1001 W Wyandotte Ave., Sulphur, Oklahoma

 

Sulphur, Oklahoma
Photos: Robert Deering 6/17/2013


Sulphur Business District

Artesian Hotel & Casino

First Christian Church

Oklahoma School for the Deaf

Sulphur High School

Chickasaw National Recreation Area Entrance

Former City Hall - Now Murry County Museum

First Baptist Church

A Portion of the Chickasaw National Recreation Area