Le Flore County Courthouse
Poteau, Oklahoma
 
 
     
 
 
 Completed - 1926
Architect - Bassham & Wheeler
Photos: Robert Deering 4/23/2006
 
 
 

1926 Courthouse
 
 
 

COUNTY ORGANIZED: 1907 at statehood. 

COUNTY NAMED FOR: 
A well-know Choctaw family of French descent, whose most prominent member was Greenwood LeFlore.

COUNTY SEAT NAMED FOR: The nearby Poteau River, a tributary of the Arkansas River.  The French word, Poteau, translates into English as "post" meaning "military post" or outpost.

COURTHOUSES:

STANDING:
 1926 brick courthouse with Neoclassical and Renaissance Revival details.

ADDRESS:  100 S Broadway, Poteau, Oklahoma