Kay County Courthouse
Newkirk, Oklahoma
 
 
     
 
 
 Completed - 1926
Architect - Clyde H. Woodruff
Photos: Robert Deering 4/22/2006
 
 
 
1894 Courthouse
 
 
 

COUNTY ORGANIZED: Kay County was created in 1893 from the Cherokee Strip or Cherokee Outlet.

COUNTY NAMED FOR: 
Originally designated as county "K", the name was later preserved by voters as "Kay."

COUNTY SEATS:
One - Newkirk, a town located on the railroad, became the county seat.

COUNTY SEAT NAMED FOR:  The name was chosen to distinguish the site from a former stop on the Santa Fe Railroad two miles north known as Kirk.

COURTHOUSES: Two - 1894 and 1926


STANDING:
 1926 Courthouse

ADDRESS:  201 S Main Street, Newkirk, Oklahoma

 

Newkirk, Oklahoma
Photos: Robert Deering 4/22/2006


First Baptist Church of Newkirk