Kingfisher County Courthouse
Kingfisher, Oklahoma
 
 
     
 
 
 Completed - 1960
Architect - Noftsger, Lawrence and Associates
Photos: Robert Deering 4/21/2006
 
 
 
1903 Courthouse
 
 
 

COUNTY ORGANIZED: 1907 from Kingfisher County, Oklahoma Territory.  Originally called County 5, Kingfisher County was created with the Organic Act of May 2, 1890. After an August 5, 1890 election, the voters of County 5 overwhelmingly voted for the name "Kingfisher" over "Hennessey" and "Harrison."

COUNTY NAMED FOR: 
King Fisher, operator of an early stage station.

COUNTY SEAT NAMED FOR: Nearby Kingfisher Creek, which had been named for stage station operator King Fisher.

COURTHOUSES: Three - 1892, 1903, and 1960.

STANDING:
 1960 Modern style building.

ADDRESS:  101 S Main Street, Kingfisher, Oklahoma

 

 

Kingfisher, Oklahoma
Photos: Robert Deering 4/21/2006


U. S. Post Office in Kingfisher