Jefferson County Courthouse
Waurika, Oklahoma
 
 
     
 
 
 Completed - 1931
Architect - Layton, Hicks, & Forsyth
Photos: Robert Deering 4/2/2005
 
 
 
 
 
 

COUNTY ORGANIZED:  1907 from Comanche County, Oklahoma Territory and a portion of the Chickasaw Nation.

COUNTY NAMED FOR: 
President Thomas Jefferson.

COUNTY SEATS:
Waurika was designated county seat in 1912.

COUNTY SEAT NAMED FOR: Derived from an Indian word meaning "pure water."

COURTHOUSES:

STANDING:
 1931 Art Deco courthouse

ADDRESS:  220 N Main Street, Waurika, Oklahoma

 

Waurika, Oklahoma
Photos: Robert Deering 4/2/2005


First Baptist Church of Waurika