Atoka County Courthouse
Atoka, Oklahoma
 
 
     
 
 
 Completed - 1964
Architect -
Photos: Robert Deering 4/16/2003
 
 
 
1913 Courthouse
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

COUNTY ORGANIZED:  The area encompassed by the present Atoka County was originally part of Shappaway County in the Pushmataha District of the Choctaw Nation. About 1854, the area was formally designated Atoka County and was retained when Oklahoma became a state in 1907.

COUNTY NAMED FOR: 
 Choctaw Chief Atoka, leader of a party which migrated from Georgia to Indian Territory in 1834.  He died during the Civil War. 

COUNTY SEAT NAMED FOR: Same as the county.

COURTHOUSES: 1913 and 1964 (Information Incomplete)

STANDING:
 One - 1964 Modern courthouse built of stone, brick, and concrete.

ADDRESS:  200 E Courth Street, Atoka, Oklahoma