Beaver County Courthouse
Beaver, Oklahoma
 
 
     
 
 
 Completed - 1926
Architect - The Butler Company
Photos: Robert Deering 4/2/2005
 
 
 
First Beaver County Courthouse
Undated Photo
 
 
Beaver County Courthouse
Undated Photo
 
 

COUNTY ORGANIZED: 1907.  After becoming part of the Oklahoma Territory in 1890, Beaver County (first called Seventh County) covered the entire Oklahoma Panhandle. At statehood in 1907, Cimarron County was taken from the western one-third, while Texas County was taken from the middle, leaving Beaver County only in the east.

COUNTY NAMED FOR: 
The Beaver River

COUNTY SEATS:
One - Beaver City, which was later renamed Beaver.

COUNTY SEAT NAMED FOR: Same as the county.

COURTHOUSES: Incomplete information. Building in the picture in the right column is very simular to current courthouse, except for the roof.  This could be the same building that has been modified over the years.

STANDING:
 One - 1926 modern courthouse built of brick.

ADDRESS:  111 W 2nd Street, Beaver, Oklahoma

 

Beaver, Oklahoma
Photos: Robert Deering 4/2/2005


First Baptist Church of Beaver