Alfalfa County Courthouse
Cherokee, Oklahoma
 
 
     
 
 
 Completed - 1921
Architect - Tonini & Bramblet
Photos: Robert Deering 4/21/2006
 
 

1909 Courthouse
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

COUNTY ORGANIZED: 1907 from a portion of Woods County.

COUNTY NAMED FOR: 
William H. "Alfalfa Bill" Murry, president of the Oklahoma Constitutional Convention and later Governor of Oklahoma.

COUNTY SEAT NAMED FOR: The fact that the town site was in the Cherokee Outlet.

COURTHOUSES: 1909 and 1921 (Information incomplete)

STANDING:
 One - 1921 building made of concrete.

ADDRESS:  300 S Grand Avenue, Cherokee, Oklahoma

 

Cherokee, Oklahoma
Photos: Robert Deering 4/21/2006


First Baptist Church of Cherokee