COUNTY ORGANIZED: 1850
COUNTY NAMED FOR: The Trinity River, which forms its southeastern boundary of the county.
COUNTY SEATS: Three -
COUNTY SEAT NAMED FOR: The name Grovetown was suggested because of a stand of blackjack trees between the mill and the town; residents almost immediately shortened it to Groveton.
COURTHOUSES: Five - 1850 and 1857 in Sumpter; 1874 in Pennington; 1884 and 1914 in Groveton.
STANDING: One - 1914 courthouse built of brick.
RENOVATION: Compelte -
Rededication July 22, 2011