COUNTY ORGANIZED: 1837
COUNTY NAMED FOR: The
Red River along the Texas-Oklahoma border
COUNTY SEATS: Two - La Grange (Present-day
COUNTY SEAT NAMED FOR: James Clark, who in 1833 moved to the area and laid out a townsite.
COURTHOUSES: Three - 1838 in La Grange; 1852 and 1884 in Clarksville.
STANDING: One - 1884 courthouse built of limestone with a mixture of Renaissance Revival and Second Empire elements with a 1910 addition.
RENOVATION: Complete -
Rededication October 26, 2002