Real County Courthouse
Leakey, Texas
 
 
     
 
 
 Completed - 1918
Architect -  H. A. Reuter
Photos: Robert Deering 1/25/2004
 

COUNTY ORGANIZED: 1913

COUNTY NAMED FOR: Julius Real, the only Republican in the Texas Senate when the county was formed in 1913.

COUNTY SEATS: One - Leakey

COUNTY SEAT NAMED FOR: John Leakey an early settler in the area.

COURTHOUSES: Two - 1913, 1918

STANDING: One - 1918 Classical Revival courthouse built of stone. Rennovations and additions were completed in 1978 and the original doors were transformed into large central windows with flat arches and transoms.

 
 

1918 Courthouse
Photo: Texas DoT 1939
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


 
1978 Annex