COUNTY NAMED FOR: The
Pecos River, which flows along the northern boundary of the county.
COUNTY SEATS: One - St. Gall, later renamed
COUNTY SEAT NAMED FOR: The army post also named
COURTHOUSES: One -
STANDING: One - 1883 Classical Revival courthouse built of stone. The building was
extensively remodeled in 1912 by the Falls City Construction Company with a new facade and a copper dome. The dome was removed in the 1930's during another renovation effort.