COUNTY ORGANIZED: 1889
COUNTY NAMED FOR: William Beck Ochiltree, a Republic of Texas judge, secretary of treasury, and an officer in the army of the Confederacy.
Two - Ochiltree and Perryton
COUNTY SEAT NAMED FOR: George M. Perry, an early county judge, who had been involved in the disastrous Enid, Ochiltree and Western railroad scheme.
Two - 1890 in Ochiltree
and 1928 in Perryton. The 1890 courthouse was
moved from Ochiltree to Perryton after country seat
STANDING: One 1928 Texas Renaissance courthouse built of brick, steel, and concerte with a 1974 addition.