COUNTY ORGANIZED: 1846
COUNTY NAMED FOR:
José Antonio Navarro, a Texas patriot
Two - A temporary county seat was established at the home of W. R. Howe until his death in 1847. In 1848, the site for Corsicana was selected as the permanent county seat.
COUNTY SEAT NAMED FOR:
José Antonio Navarro chose the name Corsicana in honor of the Isle of Corsica, his father's birthplace.
COURTHOUSES: Five - 1848, 1851, 1858, 1880, and 1905.
STANDING: One -The 1905 Beaux-Arts bick and marble structure.
Detailed Courthouse History