McCulloch County Courthouse
Brady, Texas
 
 
     
 
 
 Completed - 1900
Architect - Martin & Moodie
Photos: Robert Deering 9/15/2003
 

COUNTY ORGANIZED: 1876

COUNTY NAMED FOR: Benjamin McCulloch, Indian fighter, Texas Ranger, United States marshal, and brigadier general in the Army of the Confederate States of America.

COUNTY SEATS: One - Brady

COUNTY SEAT NAMED FOR: When the area was settled in the 1870s, the community was named Brady City after Brady Creek, which runs through town. The name was shortened to Brady when the town was incorporated in 1906.

COURTHOUSES: Two - 1879 and 1900

STANDING: One - 1900 Romanesque Revival courthouse built of sandstone.

RENOVATION: Complete - Rededication September 5, 2009.

 
 

1900 Courthouse
Photo: Texas DoT 1939