Jim Wells County Courthouse
Alice, Texas
 
 
     
 
 
 Completed - 1912
Architect - Atlee B. Ayres
Photos: Robert Deering 6/27/2015
 

COUNTY ORGANIZED: 1912

COUNTY NAMED FOR: James B. Wells, Jr., who played an important role in the economic development of the lower Rio Grande Valley.

COUNTY SEATS: One - Bandana, which was renamed Alice.

COUNTY SEAT NAMED FOR:  Alice King Kleberg.

COURTHOUSES: One - 1912

STANDING: One -1912 Texas Renaissance courthouse built of concrete and brick. Mondern wings were added on each end of the building in 1949, and some features on the roof have been altered over the years. 

ADDRESS:  200 N Almond, Alice, Texas

 
 

1912 Courthouse
Original Configuration
 
 
1912 Courthouse
Photo: Robert Deerig 1974
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

Alice, Texas
Photo: Robert Deering Date

 
First Baptist Church of Alice