Hutchinson County Courthouse
Stinnett, Texas
 
 
     
 
 
 Completed - 1927
Architect -  William C. Townes
Photos: Robert Deering 4/29/2005
 

COUNTY ORGANIZED: 1901

COUNTY NAMED FOR: Pioneer jurist Anderson Hutchinson.

COUNTY SEATS: Two - Plemons and Stinnett

COUNTY SEAT NAMED FOR: It was named for Albert Sidney Stinnett of Amarillo, who had helped purchase the right-of-way for the Chicago, Rock Island and Gulf Railway.

COURTHOUSES: Three - 1901, 1926, and 1927

STANDING: One - 1927 Texas Renaissance courthouse built of brick and concrete.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

Stinnett, Texas
Photo: Robert Deering 4/29/2005

 
First Baptist Church of Stinnett