Hunt County Courthouse
Greenville, Texas
 
 
     
 
 
 Completed - 1929
Architect - C. H. Page & Brother and W. R. Ragdsdale & Sons
Photos: Robert Deering 8/29/2001
 

COUNTY ORGANIZED: 1846

COUNTY NAMED FOR: Memucan Hunt, Secretary of the Navy for the Republic of Texas

COUNTY SEATS: One - Greenville.

COUNTY SEAT NAMED FOR: General Thomas Green.

COURTHOUSES: Six - 1847, 1853, 1859, 1881, 1885, 1929.

STANDING: One -1929 Modern style building with Classical columns and built of brick and stone.

 
 
 
1885 Courthouse
 
 
1929 Courthouse
Photo: Texas DoT 1939
 

1929 Courthouse
Photo: Robert Deering 1974