COUNTY ORGANIZED: 1846
COUNTY NAMED FOR: The David Hopkins family, early settlers in the area.
Two -Tarrant and
COUNTY SEAT NAMED FOR: The town of Bright Star changed its name to Sulpher Springs to promote the healthful springs in the area.
Three - 1854 in Tarrant; 1882 and 1894 in Sulphur Springs.
STANDING: One -1894 Romanesque Revival courthouse built of granite and sandstone.
RENOVATION: Complete -
Rededication December 7, 2002