Hardin County Courthouse
Kountze, Texas
 
 
     
 
 
 Completed - 1959
Architect - Dickson, Dickson, & Associates
Photo: Robert Deering 8/31/2001
 

COUNTY ORGANIZED: 1858

COUNTY NAMED FOR: The Hardin family of Liberty

COUNTY SEATS: Two - Hardin and Kountze.

COUNTY SEAT NAMED FOR: Herman and Augustus Kountze, financial backers of the Sabine and East Texas Railroad.

COURTHOUSES: Five - Hardin 1859, 1872; Kountze 1887, 1905, 1959.

STANDING: Two -

  • 1887 Courthouse originally was a two-story structure, now serves as a law office across the street from the current courthouse.
  • 1959 Modern structure of steel and masonry.
  • Columns from the 1905 structure are displayed on the courthouse grounds.
 
 
 
1858 Courthouse
 
1887 Courthouse
Before Modifications
 
1887 Courthouse
Photo: Robert Deering 8/31/2001
 
1905 Courthouse
Architect - Andrew P. Bryan