Hardeman County Courthouse
Quanah, Texas
 Completed - 1908
Architect - R. H. Stuckey
Photos: Robert Deering 4/14/2003


COUNTY NAMED FOR: Early legislators Bailey and Thomas Jones Hardeman.

COUNTY SEATS: Two - Argurita (renamed Margaret) and Quanah.

COUNTY SEAT NAMED FOR: Comanche chief Quanah Parker.

COURTHOUSES: Three - Margaret in1885; Quanah in 1890 and 1908.

STANDING: One -1908 Beaux-Arts courthouse built of brick.

RENOVATION: Complete - Rededication May 9, 2014


1908 Courthouse
Photo: Texas DoT 1939


Quanah, Texas
Photo: Robert Deering 4/14/2003

First Baptist Church of Quanah