Gray County Courthouse
Pampa, Texas
 
 
     
 
 
 Completed - 1929
Architect -  W. R. Kaufman
Photos: Robert Deering 4/15/2003
 

COUNTY ORGANIZED: 1902

COUNTY NAMED FOR: Peter W. Gray, a lawyer and politician of the Republic of Texas and Civil War eras.

COUNTY SEATS: Two - Lefores and Pampa.

COUNTY SEAT NAMED FOR:  The pampas of Argentina, which the area around Pampa resembles.

COURTHOUSES: Two - 1902 in Lefores and 1929 in Pampa.

STANDING: One - 1929 Texas Renaissance courthouse built of brick.

RENOVATION: Complete - Rededication April 12, 2003.

 
 

1929 Courthouse
Photo: Texas DoT 1939
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

Pampa, Texas
Photos: Robert Deering 4/15/2003

 
1933 Post Office in Pampa
 
First Baptist Church of Pampa