COUNTY ORGANIZED: 1907
COUNTY NAMED FOR: Antonio de la Garza a well-known member of a pioneer Bexar County family.
COUNTY SEAT NAMED FOR: The town began under the name Post City in 1907 as a colonizing venture of cereal manufacturer Charles William Post, who sought to develop a model town.
Two - 1908 and 1923
STANDING: One - 1923 Texas Renaissance courthouse built of brick and concerte.