Ector County Courthouse
Odessa, Texas
 
 
     
 
 
 Completed - 1964
Architect -  Peters and Fields
Photos: Robert Deering 6/12/2004
 

COUNTY ORGANIZED: 1891

COUNTY NAMED FOR:  Mathew D. Ector, a Confederate general and Texas jurist.

COUNTY SEATS: One - Odessa.

COUNTY SEAT NAMED FOR: Supposedly named by railroad workers who thought the area resembled their home in Odessa, Russia.

COURTHOUSES: Four - 1891, 1904, 1938, and 1964.

STANDING: Two - The 1938 building still exists but is completely surrounded by the 1964 Modern structure.

 
 
 
1904 Courthouse
 
 
1938 Courthouse
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

         

 

Odessa, Texas
Photo: Robert Deering 6/12/2004

 
Former 1939 Post Office in Odessa
Now Used For County Offices