Concho County Courthouse
Paint Rock, Texas
 
 
     
 
 
 Completed - 1886
Architect - F. E. Ruffini
Photos: Robert Deering 6/13/2004
 

COUNTY ORGANIZED: 1879

COUNTY NAMED FOR: The county derives its name from the Concho (or "Shell") River, which in turn was named for the large number of mussels found there.

COUNTY SEATS: One - Paint Rock

COUNTY SEAT NAMED FOR: Nearby pictographs

COURTHOUSES: Two - 1879 and 1886

STANDING: One - 1886 Second Empire courthouse built of stone.

 
 

1886 Courthouse