Camp County Courthouse
Pittsburg, Texas
 
 
     
 
 
 Completed - 1928
Architect - Smith & Praeger
Photos: Robert Deering 8/29/2001
 

COUNTY ORGANIZED: 1874

COUNTY NAMED FOR: John Lafayette Camp, who was serving as state senator from Upshur County and presented the petitions that led to establish the new county from a portion of Upshur County.

COUNTY SEATS: One - Pittsburg

COUNTY SEAT NAMED FOR:  The family of William Harrison Pitts, settlers in the area from Georgia.

COURTHOUSES: Two - 187? and 1928

STANDING: 1928 Texas Renaissance structure with Classical Revival elements.

 
 

1928 Courthouse
Photo: Texas DoT 1939