Pontotoc County Courthouse
Ada, Oklahoma
 
 
     
 
 
 Completed - 1926
Architect -The Butler Company
Photos: Robert Deering 3/30/2013
 
 
 
1926 Courthouse
 
 
 

COUNTY ORGANIZED: 1907 from the Chickasaw Nation.

COUNTY NAMED FOR: 
A settlement in northern Mississippi of the same name. The word means "cattails growing in the prairie."

COUNTY SEAT NAMED FOR: Ada Reed, daughter of the first postmaster William J. Reed.

STANDING:
 One - 1926 Late 19th and 20th Century Revival architectural style building.  The courthouse underwent extensive remodelling in 2011.

ADDRESS:  120 W 13th Street, Ada, Oklahoma

 

Ada, Oklahoma
Photos: Robert Deering 3/30/2013


Main Street in Ada Looking West From Broadway
 
First Baptist Church
 
Historic McSwain Theater
 
U.S. Post Office and Courthouse
 
First United Methodist Church

Ada City Hall
 
St. Luke Episcopal Church
 
First Christian Church