Mayes County Courthouse
Pryor Creek, Oklahoma
 
 
     
 
 
 Completed - 2006
Architect - BKL, Inc.
Photos: Robert Deering 4/22/2006

COUNTY ORGANIZED:  1907.

COUNTY NAMED FOR: 
Samuel H. Mayes, a Cherokee chief.

COUNTY SEATS:
One - Originally named Pryor Creek for the nearby stream, the name was shorted to Pryor in 1909.

COUNTY SEAT NAMED FOR: 

COURTHOUSES: 1899, 1922, and 2006.  The 1922 building was remodeled in 1959 altering its appearance. 

STANDING:
 One - 2006 modern courthouse.  At the time these pictures were taken, the 1922 building appeared to be vacant and was scheduled to be demolished. 

ADDRESS:  70 N Adair, Pryor Creek, Oklahoma
 
 
 
1899 Courthouse
 
 
1922 Courthouse
Before Modifications
 

1922 Courthouse
After 1959 Remodeling Project

 

 

Pryor Creek, Oklahoma
Photos: Robert Deering 4/22/2006


First Baptist Church of Pryor Creek