Major County Courthouse
Fairview, Oklahoma
 
 
     
 
 
 Completed - 1928
Architect - Tonini & Bramblett
Photos: Robert Deering 4/21/2006
 
 
 
 
 
 

COUNTY ORGANIZED: 1907 from a portion of Woods County, Oklahoma Territory.

COUNTY NAMED FOR: 
John C. Major, a member of the Oklahoma Constitutional Convention.

COUNTY SEATS:
One - Fairview, which had been settled following the Land Run of 1893, was designated the county seat and voters reaffirmed the choice on December 22, 1908.

COUNTY SEAT NAMED FOR: Its seanic location in a pleasantly wooded valley east of the uplands forming the Glass Mountains.

COURTHOUSES: Two - The county's commissioners rented office space until a brick courthouse was constructed. A second courthouse, made of stone, was erected in 1928.

STANDING:
 One - 1928 Courthouse

ADDRESS:  500 E Broadway, Fairview, Oklahoma

 

Fairview, Oklahoma
Photos: Robert Deering 4/21/2006


First Baptist Church of Fairview