Custer County Courthouse
Arapaho, Oklahoma
 
 
     
 
 
 Completed - 1935
Architect - Forest Butler
Photos: Robert Deering 4/21/2006
 
 
 
1935 Courthouse
Before Modifications
 
 
 

COUNTY ORGANIZED: 1892 from Cheyenne and Arapaho Indian lands. Originally designated as "G" County until named in an 1896 vote.

COUNTY NAMED FOR: 
Major General George A. Custer.

COUNTY SEAT NAMED FOR:  The Arapho Indians. Arapaho means "blue-sky men" or "cloud men."

COURTHOUSES:

STANDING:
 1935 Courthouse with additions and modifications.

ADDRESS:  675 B Street, Arapaho, Oklahoma

 

Arapaho, Oklahoma
Photos: Robert Deering 4/21/2006


First Baptist Church of Arapaho