Cleveland County Courthouse
Norman, Oklahoma
 
 
     
 
 
 Completed - 1939
Architect - Walter T. Vahlberg
Photos: Robert Deering 4/11/2013
 
 
 
1906 Courthouse
 

1939 Courthouse
Photo: Robert Deering 1/9/2003
 
 
 

COUNTY ORGANIZED: 1907 from Cleveland County, Oklahoma Territory.

COUNTY NAMED FOR: 
President Grover Cleveland.

COUNTY SEATS:
One - Norman was designated as the seat of Cleveland County shortly after the Land Run of 1889

COUNTY SEAT NAMED FOR: Aubrey Norman, a surveyor for the Santa Fe Railroad.

COURTHOUSES: Three - 1904, 1906, and 1939. The 1904 building was destroyed by fire, and the 1906 courthouse was demolished upon completion of the 1939 structure.

STANDING:
 One - 1939 Art Deco building.

ADDRESS: 200 S. Peters, Norman, Oklahoma

         

 
Cleveland County Office Building

 

Norman, Oklahoma
Photos: Robert Deering 4/11/2013


 
Pioneer Classroom Sculpture
 
First Baptist Church

First Christian Church
 
James Garner Sculpture
 
McFarlin United Methodist Church
 
Historic Sooner Theater
 
Former US Post Office