Canadian County Courthouse
El Reno, Oklahoma
 
 
     
 
 
 Completed - 1964
Architect -
Photos: Robert Deering 4/22/2006
 
 
 
1901 Courthouse
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

COUNTY ORGANIZED: 1889 from Kiowa-Comanche lands. Additional area was added during the 1892 land run and the 1901 land drawing.  Orginally designated as "County 4", the name was changed after the area was opened to settlement.

COUNTY NAMED FOR: 
The Canadian River.

COUNTY SEATS:
One - El Reno was chosen over Reno City, Frisco, and Canadian City by the first settlers in the area. 

COUNTY SEAT NAMED FOR: Fort Reno. The town was named El Reno to distinguish it from nearby Reno City, which no longer exsists.

COURTHOUSES:
Three - 1890, 1901, and 1964. The 1890 courthouse was originally a livery stable moved to El Reno from Reno City. The 1901 courthouse was torn down to make room for the 1964 building.

STANDING:
 1964 Modern building with 1988 addition. 

ADDRESS:  301 N Choctaw, El Reno, Oklahoma

 

El Reno, Oklahoma
Photos: Robert Deering 4/22/2006


Former U. S. Post Office in El Reno