Blaine County Courthouse
Watonga, Oklahoma
 
 
     
 
 
 Completed - 1906
Architect - E. Coady
Photos: Robert Deering 4/21/2006
 
 
 
1906 Courthouse
Undated Photo
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

COUNTY ORGANIZED: 1890 from Chyeyenne and Arapaho lands and orignally designaed as "C" County. The area was opened to settlers in 1892 and the county renamed Blaine.

COUNTY NAMED FOR: 
James Gillespie Blaine, Speaker of the House and Senator from Maine. He was the Republican candidate for President in 1876 and 1880, and was the Secretary of State under President Benjamin Harrison.

COUNTY SEAT NAMED FOR: Wa-ton-gha, Arapaho chief. The word means black coyote.

COURTHOUSES:

STANDING:
 1906 brick courthouse.

ADDRESS:  212 N Weigel Street, Watonga, Oklahoma