Sevier County Courthouse
De Queen, Arkansas
 Completed - 1932
Architect - Witt. Siebert, &Halsey
Photo: Robert Deering 6/16/2014

1905 Courthouse


Ambrose Sevier, U.S. Senator from Arkansas.

COUNTY SEAT NAMED FOR: De Queen was named after Jan de Goeijen, a Dutch coffee merchant who helped finance the completion of the railroad. But de Goeijen's name (pronounced "duh HOY en" was difficult for area residents to pronounce and the name was eventually changed to De Queen.

 1932 Courthouse with 1955 and 1975 additions

LOCATION: 115 N. 3rd St. De Queen, AR 71832



DeQueen, Arkansas
Photos: Robert Deering 6/16/2014

1940 DeQueen Post Office