Little River County Courthouse
Ashdown, Arkansas
 Completed - 1907
Architect - Sidney Stewart
Photo: Robert Deering 6/16/2014
1907 Courthouse


The stream named Little River.

COUNTY SEAT NAMED FOR: Founded as a small farming community, Ashdown was initially known as Turkey Flats and later Keller before being renamed by Judge Lawrence Alexander Byrne.  Following his Keller mill being "burned down to ashes," Byrne vowed to rebuild.  The town was incorporated on June 11, 1892 as Ashdown.

 1907 Courthouse made of brick.

LOCATION: 351 N 2nd St, Ashdown, AR 71822