Cleveland County Courthouse
Rison, Arkansas
 Completed - 1911
Architect - Theo M. Sanders
Photo: Robert Deering 6/17/2014
1890 Courthouse

1911 Courthouse


The Arkansas legislature established Dorsey County as Arkansas's 71st county on April 17, 1873, naming it for Stephen W. Dorsey, the U.S. Senator from Arkansas. When he was indicted for defrauding the Post Office, they renamed it on March 5, 1885, for Grover Cleveland, the newly elected President of the United States.

COUNTY SEAT NAMED FOR: William Richard Rison, an Alabama banker and friend of the founder of the town.

 1911 Courthouse made of brick.

20 Magnolia St, Rison, AR 71665