Upton County Courthouse
Rankin, Texas
 
 
     
 
 
 Completed - 1926
Architect - David S. Castle
Photos: Robert Deering 6/13/2004
 

COUNTY ORGANIZED: 1910

COUNTY NAMED FOR: Confederate generals John C. and William F. Upton.

COUNTY SEATS: Two - Upland and Rankin.

COUNTY SEAT NAMED FOR: Early day rancher F. E. Rankin.

COURTHOUSES: Two - 1911 in Upland and 1926 in Rankin.

STANDING: One - 1926 courthouse, which received extensive modifications and an addtion in 1958 by Leonard F. Crockett & Associates.

 
 
 
1926 Courthouse
Before Modifications