Lavaca County Courthouse
Hallettsville, Texas
 
 
     
 
 
 Completed - 1897
Architect - Eugene T. Heiner
Photos: Robert Deering 6/26/2015
 

COUNTY ORGANIZED: 1846

COUNTY NAMED FOR: The Lavaca River

COUNTY SEATS: Two - Petersburg and Hallettsville, Texas.

COUNTY SEAT NAMED FOR: John and Margaret Hallett, one of the first families to settle in the area.

COURTHOUSES: Five - 1847, 1850, 1852, 1875, and 1897

STANDING: One - 1897 Romanesque Revival courthouse built of stone.

RENOVATION: Complete - Rededication September 11, 2010.

 
 

1897 Courthouse
Photo: Texas DoT 1939
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

   
       


Courthouse Square