Cottle County Courthouse
Paducah, Texas
 
 
     
 
 
 Completed - 1930
Architect -  Voelcker & Dixon
Photos: Robert Deering 4/4/2005
 

COUNTY ORGANIZED: 1892

COUNTY NAMED FOR: George Cottle, who died at the Alamo.

COUNTY SEATS: One - Paducah.

COUNTY SEAT NAMED FOR: R. Potts, an early settler in the region, moved there from Paducah, Kentucky, in the mid-1800s and offered later arrivals free land in return for voting to name the new settlement Paducah and to make it the county seat.

COURTHOUSES: Two - 1893, 1930

STANDING: One - 1930 Moderne courthouse built of brick.

 
 

1930 Courthouse
Photo: Texas DoT 1939